Slow roasted leg of hogget
- 1 Wilde Farm leg of hogget
- 1 tbsp Wilde Farm lard
- small bunch of rosemary, broken into sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Heat oven 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Calculate the cooking time: 15 mins per 450g for rare, 20 mins for medium and 25 mins for well-done.
- Place the meat in a roasting tray, rub all over with the lard and season generously with salt and pepper. Use the tip of a sharp knife to make incisions all over the joint, then in each one insert sprigs of rosemary with a sliver of garlic. Put the meat in the oven for 10 mins, then turn down to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Now roast for your calculated time, basting the meat occasionally with any pan juices. Remove from the oven and rest the joint for at least 15 mins before carving.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables